The French Rugby League Federation has formally declared its intention to bid for the 2025 Rugby League World Cup, taking it again to the nation that based the match in 1954. It was final performed in its entirety there in 1972.
Talking in Paris, Président de la Fédération Française de Rugby à XIII, Luc Lacoste, commented: “After the 2024 Paris Olympics, we’re getting ready for the Rugby League World Cup in 2025 with a serious bid that brings collectively the lads’s, ladies’s, wheelchair and youth occasions.
“On the coronary heart of this nice challenge is a powerful message, ‘sport for all’ which can be mirrored, at the start, within the selection of host cities and regional metropolitan companions, stadiums, massive and small, in addition to reasonably priced costs. We are going to lever the financial and vacationer attractiveness of the nation in addition to a societal and environmental dimension.”
Lacoste added: “We intend to include the previous with the current for a everlasting transmission of this heritage to the subsequent generations. Now we have appointed Michel Wiener as Directeur Exécutif du Comité d’Organisation France 2025 who has 33 years’ expertise as CEO with the La Poste group specialising in advertising and marketing and communication, and a large data of the game sector.”
Additionally on the organising committee are Soisic Le Bourg, who has 18 years’ expertise in sport advertising and marketing and ticketing; Robert Zarader, a enterprise and communications director and member of the GIP board of France 2023; and Dominique Baloup, a faculty principal and former captain of the French Rugby League crew.
The goals and targets of the 2025 Rugby League World Cup bid are below the banner:
SPORT FOR EVERYONE
● 4 competitions in a single occasion and over a month. The challenge will concurrently deliver collectively the World Cups of males, ladies, wheelchair athletes and younger folks
● In complete, the plan is to incorporate 64 nationwide groups with 16 in every competitors representing the 5 continents and encompassing greater than 80 matches
● Giant and small stadiums, a pricing technique permitting all audiences to attend the competitions: followers and non-fans, younger folks, households, works council workers, supporters and vacationers from everywhere in the world and never solely reserved for an elite viewers
● A linked occasion that’s a part of that initiated for the Main Worldwide Sports activities Occasions organised in France within the coming years, utilizing the infrastructures and volunteers gained
● Our challenge is clearly positioned “on the coronary heart of lives”, emblematic of the UN Constitution, Olympic Constitution, France Constitution, and many others.
● Our occasion, companions and sponsors can be linked to a societal trigger (environmental, inclusion, and many others.), following a name for tasks that are below the authority of an Ethics Committee created for the occasion
● Our challenge is designed to profit the economic system of the nation and the territories that can host the competitions, highlighting the economic system of tourism, native producers (native merchandise, crafts, and many others.) which, due to a digital and e-commerce platform related to the ticket workplace will profit from direct spin-offs
● All territories that need to may be related to the occasion. The native territories of rugby league (Occitanie, Nouvelle Aquitaine, PACA, AURA) but in addition these wherein this sport is prone to develop (particularly Pays de Loire, IDF) and all others through a course of to Expression of Curiosity.
●Strict value management by looking for win-win partnerships and rigorous administration, revolutionary revenue coverage with companies related to ticketing and in reference to the territories, the financial mannequin of the challenge can be that of profitability with a low degree of recourse to public funds.