HOW THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE 2021 AFL NATIONAL DRAFT UNFOLDED:-
* Jason Horne-Francis was a certainty to be chosen first by North Melbourne for a while, however the Kangaroos took nearly their total 5 minutes to make it official. The awkward delay was primarily on account of a variety of decide swaps happening. North legend Malcolm Blight was readily available to current his fellow South Australian along with his first Kangaroos jumper.
* After Horne-Francis, all the eye shifted to the father-son prospects. Towering ruck-forward Sam Darcy, son of Luke, acquired his want because the Western Bulldogs matched GWS’ bid and took him at decide two. Collingwood nice Peter Daicos’ son Nick was taken by the Magpies after Gold Coast made a play for the stylish midfielder at decide 4.
* Pacy Northern Knights defender Darcy Wilmot seems to be a full of life character after the Brisbane Lions chosen him at decide 16. The youngest participant on this yr’s draft was jumped on by a gaggle of mates after the Lions referred to as out his identify, earlier than giving essentially the most entertaining interview of the night time.
* The rest of the nationwide draft can be held on Thursday night time, beginning with the Dockers’ third choice at decide 21 total.
1. North Melbourne: Jason Horne-Francis (midfielder, South Adelaide)
2. Western Bulldogs: Sam Darcy (ahead, Oakleigh Chargers)
3. GWS: Finn Callaghan (midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)
4. Collingwood: Nick Daicos (midfielder, Oakleigh Chargers)
5. Gold Coast: Mac Andrew (ruck, Dandenong Stingrays)
6. Adelaide: Josh Rachele (ahead, Murray Bushrangers)
7. Hawthorn: Josh Ward (midfielder, Northern Knights)
8. Fremantle: Jye Amiss (ahead, East Perth)
9. Richmond: Josh Gibcus (defender, Larger Western Victoria)
10. Fremantle: Neil Erasmus (midfielder, Subiaco)